Next: Information Menu
Up: Users Guide Introduction to
Commands appear across the top of the CASCADE display and provide access to the
various functions CASCADE can perform for you. The following command categories
exist in the current version of CASCADE:
- provides access to information about the current status of
the group, document, activity, etc., and provides some rudimentary tools
related to working with others.
- menu allows actions on documents, including editing current
document, creating new document, importing document, deleting document, comment
summary reports, printing the current document or the document and its
comments, reading or sending mail, and ghostview.
- allows customization of the CASCADE colors, setting color
preference in color palette, seeing color code in color legend, selecting
fonts for the display window and editor, and finally selecting project on
- allows you to move around easily and provide access to a
docuverse which shows overview of the document space, a browser which shows a
tree-like visual display of the directory/file structure, CASCADE root, log in
root, and bookmark.
- shows history of your session with most recent document on top.
It allows you not only to return to a previous document but to return to the
location in the document where you were last.
- contains a number of options for the developers of CASCADE
and for users of experimental components not yet ready for general use. There
are four items under this menu choice, editres, POSIX, Xterm, SGML option, and
- displays this information about using CASCADE
- leaves CASCADE.
Each of these is described briefly below.
Fri Jun 27 17:00:29 EDT 1997