In this lab, you
will work on configuring a firewall to block some network traffic. The
exercise is quite simple. Read the following carefully before you
proceed with the lab exercise
To do the lab
- You will work in groups of two
- Send your names to the TA (Ratchata) and schedule a 30min
slot that best suits you, based on
the lab hours shown below
- Print out the following Lab sheet (click
- Follow the steps indicated in the Lab sheet and fill the blank
spaces in the in the it
- Write your names and submit it to the TA (or me)
- The lab is in room 831 (Telecommunications Lab). The lab hours
Monday - Thursday noon to 9 p.m.
Friday 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday noon to 4 p.m.
Sunday noon to 3 p.m.
Telecom class will also be using the lab - you will have to schedule
your slot after 1:00pm
- For the lab, you will need to use two computers as indicated
in the instruction as "Console"
and "Client". The "Console" is the computer
that has a blue sticker labelled "Router
Configuration Terminal". (There are two computers in the room
that have this label - you will use the one farther from the
door.) The "Client" is
the computer that has a blue sticker labeling "Periwinkle". It is
located at the far wall, facing away from the door. See the