Date: Monday, Dec
That is, you will have to prepare for Risk
Management and one of the other three topics for the exam.
- I realized that I had missed out on topics on Lecture 12 slides
when discussing score distribution for various topics. That was
unintentional. But considering that it might have affected your
preparation, the exam will be designed to test you on Risk Management
and on one of the three topics:
- Computer Forensics or
- Legal/Ethical issues
Date: Monday, Dec
Date: Tuesday, Nov
- Material that we covered in class, which were not from the
required text -book mainly came from recommended book Security in
Computing, 2nd Edition, Charles P. Pfleeger, Prentice Hall
Nov 07, 2003
- The firewall lab exercise has been put up (Homework 6). Note that
proposal are due soon too.
Date: Monday, Nov 03, 2003
- Here is a Proposal Sample.
you will have to provide some background information, motivation behind
project and a project plan or tasks.
- This week, we will be doing a "firewall exercise" in the Tele Lab
- some of you may have already done the exercise in Network Security
course with Prof. Krishnamurthy. This exercise will be short -
basically you will have to spend some time in the lab (between 30 min
to 1 hour). I am working on the schedule for the Tele Lab and will put
it up shortly.
- As I would like to ensure that everyone is comfortable with the
basics of Java security programming (HW5) before we move on to the next
exercise, I have decided to allow you to work on them till Friday, Nov
7. I encourage you to meet me or the TA (or email either of us)
if you are having problems.
Date: Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 (1:40pm)
- There will be a quiz on Lectures 8 and 9 in this week's lecture
- In the programming exercise, you have been asked to implement a
double strenght password. Here is the diagram illustrating the double
Date: Friday, Oct 24, 2003 (4:30pm)
Date: Friday, Oct 24, 2003 (2:30pm)
- If you had printed out HW5 based on the earlier announcement,
please disregard that and print the current HW5 file.
Date: Oct 20, 2003 (3:45pm)
- Homeowk 5 has been posted. The required Java class files have
been provided - follow the link.
Date: Oct 15, 2003 (4:35pm)
- Important: We will be doing some programming
exercises and the language we will use in most part will be Java.
Except one or two students (indicated by the survey that I took
in the first class) no one in the class has programmed in Java. You
should start reading some Java tutorials. Here is a good one:
Date: Oct 15, 2003
- There was some error on solution to poblem 9.8.13 (e is an odd
number). The problem has been corrected in the new version.
Date: Oct 13, 2003
- For some reason the last few pages of HW1 Solutions come out in
very light color. I have put up the Word document. Let me know if you
have further problem with the solutions.
- Homework 4 solution has been posted
- In Homework 3 solution, x = y for problem 1(b)(iv). See the
- If you have not done so, you can pick up HW3, HW4 and quiz
Time: 2:15-4:15 pm
- Following changes in TAs office hours will be in effect only for
Tuesday, Oct 14.
Place: 407 Geoinformatics Lab
Reason: The 2nd floor lounge is
reserved tomorrow for a special event.
- HW4 has been updated with some hints for two problems.
- Solutions to all the quiz and homeworks (except HW4, which will
be posted tomorrow) are available now.