May 27, 2004:
May 18, 2004:
- HW 2 now due on June 7.
- In the first program, you may want to use choice "(5) Exit"
- I will be out of town after June 1. If you have questions, e-mail
both Ming and me. I will try to reply ASAP but it may not be feasible.
Ming will be available.
- In addition to HW2, you have a reading/programming assignment
(HW3!) - - this will have a bonus point of 25.
- Read 12.3 - 12.6
- Write a program in which you will illustrate the steam manipulators
from the above subsections
May 10, 2004:
- HW 2 is due Friday, May 28.
- We could not cover the "function pointers" in lecture 2. Hence,
you should first focus on solving the problems without using them -
just write recursive functions to solve each of them.
- We will discuss the homework in detail in the next class so that
you all can finish the homework by Friday, May 28. Make sure you spend
enough time thinking about the problem and trying out writing the
programs so that we can discuss your difficulties.
- Course website for the previous offering of the course is http://www.sis.pitt.edu/%7Ejjoshi/IS0020/.
However, note that the lectures, assignments and quizes will be
different/modified. You should make use of this material to stay ahead!
- Please send a mail to email@example.com and
firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can create a mailing group to send out
importatnt information. You may also use this mailing group to discuss